You’ve made the decision to install a parking station system for your commercial site. Understandably, the cost of such a system is quite significant for your business at installation and you’re looking at ways to return on your investment in a short period of time.
At Commercial Gate Systems, we’ve developed some parking station system revenue tips shared with us from our commercial clients to help increase your profits and efficiencies at your site.
- Utilise Pay-of-foot systems (POF). If you’ve been to Brisbane airport, you’ll likely have used a pay on foot system, where you pay for your parking before getting into your car. POF systems have proved to reduce the que at the exit boom gate by 4 or 5 times, save money on wages, essentially eliminate long exit lines and stop frustrated drives arguing with parking attendants.
- Set up a web-based reservation service. Your customers will love knowing they have a space waiting for them, are often willing to pay an additional premium to know they have a dedicated space, and business owners can better forecast their revenue streams with many drivers having on-going bookings.
- Analyse you market and assess your rates. This may sound self-explanatory, however many customers have not conducted any form of market research in the area they operate, or if they’ve been operating for some time, have not adjusted their rates (sometimes for years).
- Ensure you have accurate occupancy counts. There are many ways to count the occupancy in a carpark, many have issues that lead to inaccurate counts, which can reduce customer satisfaction and reduce you ROI.
- Invest in a car park Revenue Management System. Demand for parking often follows regular patterns based on the time-of-day, day-of-week and season-of-year which can be projected forward in order to estimate future demand for each car park.
By adopting some of these tips, you will see some significant improvements in your system and your business will reap the financial benefits.
At Commercial Gate Systems we can help business owners reduce their risks and save time and money. We provide free on-site quotes for all commercial clients to provide you with the best solution to protect your most valuable assets.
For more information or to request a quote please visit the Commercial Gate Systems website or phone 07 3286 8119 to talk with a team member today.